As construction experts, we often receive many questions from aspiring homeowners and building owners about custom construction.
What is it? Why is it so important? What are the pros of a custom home vs. buying a home? If you’re looking for great answers, keep reading!
What is Custom Construction?
By definition, custom construction is designing and constructing new homes.
Custom construction always results in a more personal home, and you can decide almost everything.
Custom Home Vs. Buying a New House
When deciding whether to use custom home builders or buy a new house, it can be confusing. There are some advantages to using custom builders and other benefits to using a new place.
Let’s compare the benefits of home ownership vs. buying a custom home:
- You get more options when it comes to design: When you buy a new home, there is typically less choice when it comes to design (unless you buy an already made-up house).
When you get a custom-built house, you can decide everything from interior to exterior design.
- Custom homes allow you to pick your style: It’s great when you can choose your style and theme for your house, whether classic or contemporary. With a custom home, you get to decide what design you want the exterior and interior design to have, and you don’t have to worry about having identical houses with a neighbor.
- You can choose your favorite color scheme: Most homeowners prefer specific house colors. Some people might like their house to be all white, and others might want it to be all bright yellow. However, when it comes to picking exterior paint, this is not an option. But when building a custom home, you can choose any color scheme.
- It can save you money: Since custom builders build homes that suit your specific needs, they don’t have to ask the homeowner for unnecessary services and products. This can save you money in the long run because you won’t end up paying for something you don’t need. You can get what fits your needs without paying for unnecessary services and products.
- You get more freedom: Building a home is a significant investment, and you want it to be perfect. It’s where you are going to live for years and years, and you want to ensure that your home is built based on your needs. Custom builders can help you do this; they construct the house according to your needs.
- It’s where you want to live: You get to decide what kind of house you want, with all its features and accessories. You also get to choose the location of your liking.
- It’s a better investment: It can be more expensive to build a custom home but once constructed, you will have an investment that will last for years. You get to invest in something that you know will be long-lasting.
Which is the Better Option?
Both options are great if you want to build a house or if you want to buy a new home. If you’re looking for something ready-made, purchasing a new home is the better option.
Getting your own custom-built home is the better option if you’re looking for something more personal.
Homeownership can sometimes be cheaper than getting your own custom-built house, but in the long run, it will be more expensive because of all the maintenance and repair work that must be done.
Besides, you get more freedom when choosing everything about your home.
A Few Things to Remember
Custom construction is a process that gives you a lot of freedom since you get to decide on the design and even other features you want for your house.
Use advisers and professionals to help you choose the best builder who can deliver on your expectations.
Always remember that specific rules need to be followed if you are going with custom housing. That way, everyone will be happy with the results. Make sure they follow these rules:
- The house should be designed with a concern for energy efficiency: A new home should always be built with an eye toward energy efficiency.
This is important because it will mean smaller bills and many other benefits.
- The house needs to be as durable as possible: Don’t settle for a home that can fall apart in just a few years!
Find the best custom builder to make your dream house last long through a higher quality standard when building the home.
- The house needs to be safe: Certain standards must be followed when building a house. Everyone’s safety should come first, so ensure your custom builder sticks with the accepted codes and has the necessary tools and equipment to ensure you’ll be safe during construction.
- The house needs to be cost-efficient: No one wants to have a place that’s too expensive for their budget.
Find the best custom builder to deliver your dream home without making too many holes in your pocket.
The best custom builders will always offer a reasonable price for their work, so do not be intimidated by spending a lot of money on your new house.
You also must remember that what you will pay for a custom house is only one small part of the total cost. The rest comes from the things you purchase to make your home: furniture, appliances, etc.
Getting Help from Reputable Custom Builders
What Custom Builders Do
Custom builders are the experts in this field because they know how to make a house that suits our preferred features and needs. They will always consider what you want your home to be like.
Some of the tasks they do include:
- Floor plan- this is the floor plan of your house, and as you can imagine, it needs to be designed so that every part of it is easily accessible. Also, consider what your room will look like and whether you want it to be broad or narrow.
- Exterior design- you need to see your home’s appearance before construction starts. This can help you with the design process.
- Interior design – This is where experts create the interior layout based on how you want your house to be. You can do this too, but a good custom home builder can help you with this task.
- Kitchen and bathrooms design- either both need to be designed, or one or both can be redesigned. The choice is yours!
The Decision to Build Your Own Home
Custom construction is an excellent decision for those who want their house personalized.
If you want your home to be customized, you need to know that buying a pre-built house can be very expensive.
Pre-built houses are nice, but they don’t give you the freedom custom construction does.
Pre-built houses are great, but they’re too premade for your taste. If you love personalizing everything about your home and like building something, then choosing custom construction is the way to go.
You get all the benefits since it gives you complete control over every aspect of your new house.
Get Professional Custom Construction Harrisburg, PA
One thing about custom construction is that you need to be able to personalize it to suit your specific needs. At SimmCon Systems Inc., we understand that.
Our experts can create any custom home you want, including the property lines, design, and everything else; we are a team of experienced architects, construction workers, and engineers.
We can help you with anything from FHA-approved custom designs to traditional or even high-performance green energy designs.
Our entire team can also work on any custom home project, whether commercial or residential.
We guarantee quality work in terms of our design and the entire building process. We understand that when you’re working on a project like this, there’s a lot of stress.
That’s why we’ve made it our duty to handle every single aspect of your new house construction project as carefully as possible so that you can have total confidence in our work.
We also offer land services that help prep your land before you start building. They include:
- Land Beautification
- Brush Removal
- Tree Removal
- Grading and Resloping
- Foundation Drainage Install
- Stump Removal
- Septic System Install
- Site Preparation
- Access Road Clearing
Our services are recognized and awarded because they’re the best in the industry.
We’ll help you get the best possible lot for your new home so that you can enjoy your surroundings as much as possible.
We serve Harrisburg PA, York PA, and the surrounding areas in Central PA.
Don’t just buy a pre-built house – build one that’s truly yours with the help of SimmCon Systems Inc. Start work on your custom home today!
Contact us at 717-636-5386.